"Mae" Mary Coplen
- Born: 23 Mar 1907, Barking, Essex, England
- Marriage: Russell Byron 1 Jun 1927, Thorold, Ontario, Canada
- Died: 20 Mar 1991, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, at age 83
- Buried: Lakeview Cemetary, Thorold, Ontario, Canada
1911 Census of Canada
Coplan William J. M Head M Jan 1873 37
Coplan Margarite M. F Wife M May 1873 37
Coplan William M Son S Nov 1902 8
Coplan John M Son S May 1910 9months
Coplan Margaret F Daughter S Jun 1896 14
Coplan Miriam F Daughter S Aug 1895 15
Coplan Winnifred F Daughter S Mar 1901 9
Coplan May F Daughter S Mar 1906 4
1911 / Ontario / Thunder Bay and Rainy River / 35 Port Arthur
Mary married Russell Byron on 1 Jun 1927 in Thorold, Ontario, Canada. (Russell Byron was born in 1900 in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, died in 1971 in St. Catharines General Hospital, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and was buried in Lakeview Cemetary, Thorold, Ontario, Canada.)
From the St. Catharines Standard
A very pretty wedding was solemnized in the Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary at 8 o'clock this morning, when Mary V Coplen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Coplen of Cleveland Street, became the bride of Russell E. Byron, son of Mr. and Mrs. H. J. Byron of Merritton. Nuptual Mass was celebrated by Rev. Father Staley, the bride entering the church on the arm of her father, daintily gowned in white georgette with picture hat, shoes and stockings to match and carrying a bouquet of sweetheart roses.
She was attended by her sister, Miss W. Coplen, attired in orchid georgette and taffeta with picture hat to match and carrying Ophelia roses.
Dr. Cartlyle Bryron, brother of the groom, acted as best man.
During the ceremony, Miss M. Urlocker presdied at the organ and played the wedding march.
A reception was held at the home of the bride, the mother of the bride recieving in dark blue georgette with hat to match and a corsage bouquet of sweetpeas and the mother of the groom was gowned in rosewood taffeta with corsage bourquet of roses. Covers were laid for 50 guests. Later in the day the happy couple left for Detroit, the bride travelling in a compuse in tan, the dress being of flat crepe and a Kasha coat and hat completing her costume. On their return they will reside in Merritton.
The groom's gift to the bride was a pearl necklace, to the bridesmaid a gold roasry, the best man cuff links and to the organist an eversharp pencil.
Many lovely gits were recieved from their host of friends.
Out of town guests were: Miss Saunders of chicago, Mr.s and Mrs. yourdan of Detroit, Mrs. Danaly and daughter, Mr.ls and Mrs. A. C Johnson, Mr. F Kelly, Mrs Loretta B Galvin, all of Niagara Falls, N.Y.; Mrs. M. McNamara and daughter, of Niagara Falls, Ontario., and Mrs. A. W. Markey of Toronto, Ontario.