Best Viewed at 800 x 600
"A mind to serve for the peace of all humanity is needed in Aikido, and not the mind of one who wishes to be strong and practices only to defeat an opponent. There are neither opponents nor enemies for true budo. Therefore, to compete in techniques, winning and losing, is not true budo. True bodo knows no defeat. 'Never defeated' means never fighting. ...In Uesbiba's budo there are no enemies. The mistake is to begin to think that budo means to have an opponent or enemy, someone you want to be stronger than, someone you want to throw down. In true budo there is no enemy or opponent. True budo is to become one with the universe. In aikido we do not train to become powerful or to throw down some opponent. Rather we train in hopes of being of some use, however small our role may be, in the task of bringing peace to mankind around the world. In this hope we become on with the Universal."
- Morihei Ueshiba (the founder of modern Aikido)
"A premise of Aikido is the avoidance of rivalry or any form of
If the people of the world would make an effort to learn
how to avoid dissension through the practice of aikido, I am sure that mankind could realize genuine unification.
Therefore, we as instructors [and practitioners] must do our best to gain this ideal."
- Gozo Shioda (said to have been Ueshiba's finest student, and the founder of Yoshinkan Aikido)
- Suitable for Teens/Adult Men & Women Regardless of Body Type or Age (14 years + )
- Posture and Balance Correction
- Gradually Increased Flexibility - Overall Upper and Superb Lower Body Toning
- Increased Confidence - Heightened "Street" Awareness - Improved Focus
- Expert Weapons Training - Use/Disarms - Bokken (Sword), Jo (Short Staff), Tanto (Knife)
- Pressure Points, Throws, Pins, Locks, Strikes, Blocks, Immobilizations, Evasions, Escapes, Counters
- Efficient & Effective Self-Defense Against Single or Multiple, Armed or Unarmed Opponents
- Taught in Traditional Japanese Fashion - A Philosophical Journey into the Past & Present
- Internationally Acclaimed, Tokyo Registered Dojo - International Certification
- Tokyo Licensed, "Highly Informative," A-Z Professional Instruction
- Regular Classes, Monitored/Free Practice Sessions, Instructor Training Classes & Weapons Classes Available
- Ample, Well-Lit, Free Parking
- Spacious, Exceptionally Clean, Climate Controlled Training Area
- Adjacent to Major Bus Routes
- Club Facilities Fully Monitored at All Times
- Modern, Well-Maintained, Washroom/Shower Facility
- Reasonable Monthly Fees - No Contracts or Hidden Costs - Group/Various Discounts Available (e-mail for info)
- Class Schedules Designed To Meet "Time-Constrained" Lifestyles
- Supplementary Books, Yoshinkan (Japan) / Jinbukan Dojo Specific Videos Available
- World-Class Instruction "Smack Dab In the Center of Hamilton"!
Tuesday and Thursday Evenings Regular Classes 8:00--10 p.m. (+ Monitored Practice Class Sunday Mornings 10 'til Noon)
Weapons Class (Separate Cost) Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 8:00--8:30 p.m.
Kenshuu (Instructor Class - Separate Cost)...10:00 a.m. 'til Noon on Sunday Mornings
For Further Information, Please Call (905) 544-3129